Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Billericay author is on the trail of Essex's little green men

Hidden in the darkest corners of our castles and churches lurks a little known but strangely familiar face.

Known as the Green Man, he has been around for hundreds of years, yet his reason and purpose has been long since lost in the mists of time. Now a new book by a Billericay author seeks to discover more about the mysterious character.

Susan Hegedus, a freelance journalist, has been searching for the Green Man around Essex for several years, trying to track down examples of the leaf-covered countenance that appears in architecture.

She said: "I've been fascinated by the image for a while now – I saw something on television about it and it just caught my interest. At first I didn't set out to write a book about it, but I was soon finding so many I wanted to record them."

Click here to read this article from Total Essex

Click here for more information about The Hidden Green Man in Essex